Home Forums HAM Radio Ham Radio Enthusiasts

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi Ham Radio enthusiasts:
    This is an initial post for starting up this forum. Fair-Rite has been a longtime manufacturer of components useful for ham radio needs. Over the years we have had many inquiries from ham radio operators and thought a forum could be beneficial for users to share their thoughts. Probably the most needful thing for ham radio operators, in our view, has been sourcing parts. Fair-Rite does have many distributors world-wide, the distributors have lower minimum orders than Fair-Rite so will be the most likely source for ferrite components. Authorized distributors maintain inventory of many of the standard parts supplied by Fair-Rite. Fair-Rite defines standard parts as those that appear in our catalog, on our website and are in our engineering kits. Aside from standard parts, Fair-Rite supplies many non-standard parts not advertised on our website. Some of these non-standards are carried by distributors, others will only be available direct from Fair-Rite. I know that years ago Ham Radio Operators had clubs, meetings and field trip events – not sure how much of this still may occur. When specific Fair-Rite parts are identified as a common need: perhaps individuals can pool their purchasing dollars together to allow easier procurement via distributors or direct from Fair-Rite, if necessary. If you know the Fair-Rite part number, typically ten digits long / all numeric, you can use our “Check Stock” feature to find distributors that currently have inventory.

Bruce Sparrow

Good to see this forum

Anonymous
    Inactive

For me, ham radio was the gateway to an electronics career. Lately, I’ve used a fair amount of Fair-Rite products for EMI reduction in products to pass CE/FCC emissions requirements. I also used their balun cores in the RF section of the PI-Max4-RF, an RF modulated ICCD camera used for fluorescent life time imaging (FLIM) studies. The RF deck in the camera covers 1-200 MHz, with dual DDS frequency generation and about 35W (at peak) RF power. Baluns were used for the single ended driver to push-pull final amplifier and to convert the output back to single ended to drive the image intensifier.

Anonymous
    Inactive

As a Ham (W9SAN) and an engineer working with EMI issues, I have been using Fair Rite cores in various ways to reduce RFI on our EC Motor products. I really like the ’75’ material for HF applications. The ’31’ material is also very useful. I help a lot of hams with their HVAC motor RFI problems. Also, ham radio was my entrance to an engineering career.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I manage the bulk order of ferrite material for our club, and in fact am now getting an order together…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.