Home Forums Fair-Rite Products and Website All Things Fair-Rite

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

The purpose of this topic is to provide an open forum to allow users of Fair-Rite’s products to share information, opinions, and experiences about Fair-Rite and our products and services.

Bruce Sparrow

I am using a ferrite bead in a MOSFET gate lead in a switching power supply to suppress noise reported in outputs (in the range of 1 – 10MHZ or higher ). I understand that material 31 or 43 is suitable for such application. But I have a size constraint for this ferrite bead. I need outer dia = 3mm; Inner dia = 1mm and length = 3mm. Small variations in size are acceptable. Please suggest a suitable part for the same.

Bruce Sparrow

MOSFET gate ringing can come from several sources but the only way to calm the stray inductance of the gate circuit, beyond just resistance, is with a ferrite. Fair-Rite 43 material a good choice for high frequency issues. A hole diameter of 1mm is the start – B dimension. Length is second – C dimension. This brings us to P/N 2643000501. If you find you need a little more impedance try our 2673000501 – it shifts the peak impedance to a lower frequency and supplies more impedance between 1 and 10MHz than the 43 material. Curves are available on the website for both.
    Good luck!
    Bill

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.